- Those with responsibilities for meeting planning and event organizing for their company, organization, etc.
- Those in the hospitality and tourism field looking for additional knowledge and skillsets
- Meeting planning professionals who want to update their skills and gain a competitive edge
- Individuals making a career change and considering becoming a meeting and event planner
- Planners who are looking to accumulate 6.0 hours towards qualifying to sit for the Certified Meeting Professional exam or renewal
Meeting and Event Planning
Are you interested in an Online-Asynchronous version of this program? Click here to join our waitlist & get notified when it launches.
Meetings and Events represent an $845 billion industry. The industry employs 5.9 million people with $249 million of labor income. Additionally, the industry contributes $446 billion towards US gross domestic product.*
Whether you are new to meeting and event planning, currently employed as a mid-level administrative assistant or marketing coordinator, or a seasoned pro who wants to sharpen your skills, CSULB’s Meeting and Event Planning Certificate Program offers the opportunity to expand your knowledge within this growing industry. You’ll be able to catch up with the latest trends and technology, explore new career opportunities, and expand your abilities as a planner.
The Meeting and Event Planning Certificate Program will teach you how to plan, design, and execute a variety of events, from weddings and social occasions to sales meetings and other corporate or company events. With the methods and techniques taught in this course, you will be able to future-proof your skills, resources, and have the ability to pivot in difficult times. The course is taught by a consortium of real-world professionals who have produced thousands of events domestically and around the world, and who continue to work and hone their craft in the marketplace. All the instructors continuously update content to reflect current trends, accepted best-practices, and the ever-changing conditions in the marketplace.
Students who successfully complete this program are eligible to receive a Digital Badge from CSULB’s College of Professional and Continuing Education. Each Digital Badge is embedded with a link to secure and specific information confirming that the participant has obtained the necessary skills and competencies as described in the program. The badge also includes the participant’s name, the course title, and date of completion. Badges are shareable and can be uploaded to CVs, resumes, social media profiles, or other digital platforms. Click here to learn more about Digital Badges.
*Data from “The Economic Significance of Meetings to the U.S. Economy” by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Invaluable information about career opportunities in meeting planning and related fields
- Specific skills and knowledge that are crucial to professional meeting planners
- The logistics to create a successful event from idea creation through implementation
- Complete all 10 modules (10 class meetings).
- Complete all class projects.
- To receive the certificate in the current semester, no class meeting may be missed.
- To complete the certificate in the following semester absences may be made up at a fee of $50 per class, subject to program availability.
Sean Fistonich Fall 2020 Student Meeting and Events Planning
This is a very interesting course that presents an insight into the booming industry of event planning in the Los Angeles area and around the world. This has inspired me to push further into this industry.
Elicia Magaña CEO, KIMA Event Management and Consulting Meeting and Event PlanningThis was a great foundation for building my career as a professional event planner. I also had the opportunity to learn from experienced leaders in the industry and network with like-minded peers. In 2016, I launched my own event planning business. I highly recommend this certificate program.