- How to generate written story ideas in multiple film genres
- How to develop scenes based on theme and character
- Construction of a character arc
- Composition of a three-act structure
- How to construct a screenplay from a three-act, 40-beat outline
The Screenwriting Essentials course at California State University, Long Beach teaches you how to analyze and write projects through each step of the process—from story ideation, scene craft, and character development, to a completed first draft for a feature film.
In this fast-paced program, students will work from scene study examples and references to successful film scripts in different genres, as well as notable books on the art of screenwriting.